When you think about Google, you probably think of Google Search that have the simple home page, a logo, a text field, and a few buttons.
But when we think of Google, we think of this: infrastructure, network, datacenters, servers, all designed to enable software developers, cloud administrators and other enterprise IT professionals to build innovative software and services
For the past 16 years, Google has been building the world’s fastest, most powerful cloud infrastructure on the planet.
What is Google Cloud Platform?
Google Cloud Platform is a suite of cloud computing services by Google.The platform includes a range of hosted services for compute, storage and application development that lets you run your app on the same infrastructure as Google uses for products like Google Search and YouTube. So you can focus on what matters to your business.
Google Cloud Platform has a broad set of services that have a comprehensive set of services from the low level to high level along with management tools.
Some of Google Cloud Platform core services includes:
Scalable, High-performance virtual machines
- An infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offering that provides users with virtual machine (VM) instances for workload hosting.
Platform for building scalable web applications and mobile backends.
- A platform as a service (PaaS) offering that gives software developers access to Google’s scalable hosting. Developers can also use a software developer kit (SDK) to develop software products that run on App Engine.
Best in class performance, reliability, and pricing for all your storage needs.
- A cloud storage platform designed to store large, unstructured datasets. Google also offers database storage options including Cloud Datastore for NoSQL non-relational storage, Cloud SQL for MySQL fully-relational storage and Google’s native Cloud Bigtable database.
One-Click container orchestration via Kubernetes clusters, managed by Google
- A management and orchestration system for Docker containers that run within Google’s public cloud. Google Container Engine is based on the Google Kubernetes container orchestration engine.
Fully managed, petabyte-scale, analytics data warehouse
- Analyze big data in the cloud. This can process datasets containing several terabytes in a few seconds and run quick SQL-like queries. This provides insights in real time and is simple and scalable to use.
Advantages of using Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
More Collaboration to get things done
- Many users can contribute to and access projects at the same time as data is stored in the cloud instead of their computers.
Cost are based on what you use
- Customer-friendly pricing: No upfront costs, Pay-as-you-go, No termination fees
- Pricing Innovation: Sustained use discounts, Per minute billing
Private Global Fiber Network
- One thing that sets Google Cloud Hosting apart from some of the other players is that their network is one of the biggest in the world.
Higher Uptime and Reliability
- If a data center is not available for some reason, the system immediately falls back on the secondary center without any service interruption being visible to users.
Let you do more with less
- Google minimizes overheads and consolidates a small number of server configurations. It manages these through an efficient ratio of people to computers.
For more information: GoPomelo