GoPomelo & Google Enterprise will be showcasing at the Cyber Defence Initiative Conference, BITEC on July 30-31 2014.
Enterprise Security to the masses with Google
Google provides these cloud services in a manner drawn from its experience with operating its own business, as well as its core services like Google Search. Security is a design component of each of Google’s cloud computing elements, such as compartmentalization, server assignment, data storage, and processing.
How can you trust Google with our Data?
At Google the safeguarding and security of client data is of paramount importance, therefore we have our security standards certified by independent third party auditors and official authorities. Google Apps and our data centers are ISO 27001, ISAE 3402 and SSAE 16 Type II audited and have achieved the U.S. Federal Government’s FISMA certification. ISAE 3402 and SSAE 16 is an auditing standard where a third party auditor evaluates the controls in place for numerous areas including physical and logical security, privacy, incident response and more. The Federal Information Security Management Act or FISMA is the law defining security requirements that must be met by all US Federal government information systems.
- Google Data centers offer 24 hour security, biometric scanning, and multiple lock down zones.
- Google employ a full-time team of over 300 security personnel, working around the clock.
- Google servers are manufactured solely for Google use with a custom Linux OS and are not available to the public.
- SSL/TLS connectivity is available for all Google Apps customers and is enabled by default for new customers.
- Administrators can force 2 Factor Authentication for free, requiring users to enter their password as well as a One-Time Password sent to their mobile phone.