- Simpler deployment of 2-Step Verification
- Greater visibility and control of Chrome apps in Admin console
- Unified Network management across devices
Posted: 11 Mar 2015 11:52 AM PDT
Today, we are improving the enrollment and enforcement process for 2SV for Google Apps. Admins can now set a 2SV enforcement date in the future, giving users a monitored amount of time to enroll. Users will be prompted to enroll when they sign-in, and also will receive email reminders if they have not enrolled before the enforcement date.
We highly encourage all Apps customers to take advantage of the simplified set-up process and add an extra level of security protection by implementing 2SV for their domains.
Posted: 11 Mar 2015 10:27 AM PDT
With today’s launch, the Admin console has been updated with a new App management view, providing admins with greater visibility and control in managing specific apps and extensions in their domain. Key improvements include:
- Manage Chrome Apps one at a time.
- Customize Chrome apps by setting policies for supported apps.
- Each app in a child org unit can now have inherited or overridden settings from a parent org unit.
The existing app and extension manager view under User Settings will remain available as an option moving forward.
The new interface will roll out gradually over the coming weeks. See the Help Center for more information on the new and existing views for managing Chrome Apps.
Posted: 11 Mar 2015 08:06 AM PDT
Rapid release and Scheduled release
Note: all launches are applicable to all Google Apps editions unless otherwise noted