In 2016, Google Cloud Platform has to expand in a lot of products and innovation announced to the world. Here are the Google Cloud Platform most popular posts from 2016
- Google supercharges machine learning tasks with TPU custom chip
A look inside our custom ASIC built specifically for machine learning. This chip fast-forwards technology seven years into the future.
- Bringing Pokemon Go to life
Niantic’s augmented reality game uses more than a dozen Google Cloud services to delight and physically exert millions of Pokemon chasers across the globe.
- New undersea cable expands capacity for Google APAC customers and users
Together with Facebook, Pacific Light Data Communication and TE SubCom, They’re building the first direct submarine cable system between Los Angeles and Hong Kong.
- Introducing Cloud Natural Language API, Speech API open beta and West Coast Region expansion
Now anyone can use machine learning models to process unstructured data or to convert speech to text.
- Google to acquire Apigee
Apigee, an API management provider, helps developers integrate with outside apps and services.
- Top 5 GCP NEXT breakout sessions on YouTube (so far)
From Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and container management to building smart apps and analyzing 25 billion stock market events in an hour, Google presenters kept the NEXT reel rolling.(Don’t forget to sign up for Google Cloud Next 2017, which is just around the corner!)
- Advancing enterprise database workloads on Google Cloud Platform
Announcing that GCP fully managed database services Cloud SQL, Cloud Bigtable and Cloud Datastore are all generally available, plus Microsoft SQL Server images for Google Compute Engine.
- Google Cloud machine learning family grows with new API, editions and pricing
The new Cloud Jobs API makes it easier to fill open positions, and GPUs spike compute power for certain jobs. Also included: custom TPUs in Cloud Vision API, Cloud Translation API premium and general availability of Cloud Natural Language API.
- Google Cloud Platform sets a course for new horizons
In one day, Google announced eight new Google Cloud regions, BigQuery support for Standard SQL and Customer Reliability Engineering (CRE), a support model in which Google engineers work directly with customer operations teams.
- Finding Pete’s Dragon with Cloud Vision API
Learn how Disney used machine learning to create a “digital experience” that lets kids search for Pete’s friend Elliot on their mobile and desktop screens.
- Top 10 GCP sessions from Google I/O 2016
How do you develop a Node.js backend for an iOS and Android-based game? What about a real-time game with Firebase? How do you build a smart RasPI bot with Cloud Vision API? You’ll find the answers to these and many other burning
- Spotify chooses Google Cloud Platform to power its data infrastructure
As Spotify’s user base grew to more than 75 million, it moved its backend from a homegrown infrastructure to a scalable and reliable public cloud.
To find out more about getting Cloud solutions for your business visit: GoPomelo